Cultural & Civic, Transport, Urban & Masterplanning
Broadmeadows Town Centre Masterplan
Identifying opportunities for urban renewal, the Department of Planning and Community Development (now DELWP) seeks proposals for the potential development of the Broadmeadows Town Centre.
The site is directly south of Broadmeadows shopping centre. Several existing public buildings are to be retained within the new centre, including the Town Hall, Council Offices and Global Learning Centre.
The winning proposal by Hayball Leonard Stent Architects and Sense Architecture imagines each of the five subject sites with distinct programs and urban design qualities, responding to the surrounding future context.
Department of Planning and Community
Jury (titles at time of engagement)
● Emeritus Professor of Architecture, University of Western Australia
● Victorian Executive Director, Property Council
● Director, Denton Corker Marshall
● Manager City Planning, Hume City Council
● Development Manager, Colonial First State
● Director Urban Design, Department of Sustainability and Environment