The design competition is an important step in the revitalisation of Suttons Beach. It will include the design of a new pavilion with hospitality spaces, rooftop public space, public amenities for beach goers and design of the surrounding landscape.
The design competition will be a two-stage Competition. After Stage One three Competitors will be shortlisted by the Jury. During Stage Two Competitors will develop a concept design. The winner will be announced mid 2024.
To be eligible, competitors must include a lead architect who is
- a practicing Architect, architectural company or architectural partnership within Australia;
- able to register as an architect in Queensland pursuant to the Architects Act 2002
- have had a registered Australian Business Number (ABN) for no less than 5 years
- registered for GST with the Australian Taxation Office
Note: Potential Competitors who can demonstrate relevant continuous ABN registration for no less than 5 years, albeit under different ABN’s, are advised to contact the Competition Advisor through suttonsbeachpavilion[at]citylab.com.au. They are eligible to register if they can provide satisfactory explanation of the continuity of their ABN registration.
- 8 Nov - Registration Open
- 14 Nov - Stage One Data room open
- 11 Dec - Registration Close, Q&A Close
- 18 Dec - Stage One Submission deadline
- Early 2024 Shortlist announced
- Mid 2024 Winner announced
All competitors must first register to participate in the competition. Registrations will be checked, and competitors will be notified once their eligibility has been verified.
Registration is now open. Click here to register.