For 2024, the Competition is an open format that comprises a two-stage design competition open to architects and multi-disciplinary teams that include an Architect registered in Australia. Teams may include Australian and international entities and may bring together various design and broader creative disciplines to propose a project that explores new terrain for an architecture commission – from a conceptual, material, experiential or formal sense.
The ambition of the NGV Architecture Commission is to continually evolve and remain relevant by offering an opportunity for architecture to be enacted and experienced in the broadest sense. To this end the NGV encourages proposals that are thought-provoking, issues-led, relevant and resonant and that can, in a non-didactic way, facilitate or instigate conversations, dialogue, immersion, or reflection.
Competitors will be assessed on their design concepts as well as team capability in Stage One.
- Submit a Registration Form;
- Include a Nominated Architect (a Registered Architect) within Australia;
- Agree to register with the ARBV as a practising Architect if selected as the Winner; and,
- Include an entity that has, or has the capability to have, an ABN.
In order to participate in the 2024 NGV Architecture Commission, you must first Register to receive the relevant information. Registration is now closed.
- Registration opens 31 July 2023
- Stage One opens 07 August 2023
- Registration closes 28 August 2023
- Stage One closes 11 September 2023 11:00AM AEST
- Stage Two opens 25 September 2023
- Stage Two Close 20 November 2023 11:00AM AEDT