For over a decade CityLab has helped local government, state government, universities, airports and galleries find the best design proposals from the best architects, landscape architects and interior designers.
Andrew Mackenzie is the Founding Director of CityLab. He has advised on competitions in every state in Australia, assisting both local and state government, as well as universities, corporations and development authorities.
Andrew is also an architectural writer and columnist, and has developed a strong industry profile, as a strategic design thinker and communicator. He has hosted numerous industry events and was a Creative Director of the 2015 AIA National Conference.
With over two decades of skill and experience working in the architectural sector Andrew is well placed to assist in the management and delivery of architectural procurement processes, with particular experience in complex design briefs.
CityLab promotes ethical procurement.
- Respect the intellectual rights of those who create it
- Embrace equity and transparency in the procurement process
- Invest in design briefs that are legible and rich with opportunity
- Provide appropriate levels of site and existing condition information
- Fairly balance all responsibilities, indemnities and liabilities
- Respect the role of jury members and selection panels
- Observe competition and tender commitments
Citylab acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we work and live, recognises their continuing connection to land, water and community and celebrates their enduring presence and knowledge.